Poker is indeed a difficult game if you haven’t played it before. Regardless of which brand of poker you are playing, there are rules and regulations basic to playing games such as Texas Hold ‘em or 7-Card Stud. Read through to learn how to play poker:
1. Find out the sequence of cards in in a deck. The weakest card is the 2.From 2, cards go in order 3, 4, 5, and so on until 10. After this, the face cards come into play. The order of face cards from weakest to strongest is jack, queen, king, ace. Here is the full order beginning with the weakest card – 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A.
2. Learn the poker hands. The basic poker hands are as follows: pair, two of the same card in your hand; two pair, two separate pairs in your hand; three of a kind, three of the same card in your hand; straight: five consecutive cards in your hand from any suit or suit combination; flush, five random cards of the same suit; full house, a combination of three of a kind and a pair in your hand; four of a kind, four of the same card; straight flush, a combination of a flush and a straight; and a royal flush, a straight flush that starts with the ace and counts down.
3. Learn the order of winning poker hands. The order of this is from strongest to weakest hand is — royal flush, straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush, straight, three of a kind, two pair, one pair, and lastly, the highest card in your hand.
4. You must learn and understand how to deal cards in poker. You need to determine how many cards you deal will rely on which kind of poker you are playing. The procedure, though, is the same. Always deal from the top of the deck. Begin dealing to the person on your left and go in the order of players at the table until you end at yourself. Repeat this process until all players, including you, have all of their cards.
5. Lastly, you must understand with the basic poker terms such as bet, which means that you would risk money on the fact that your poker hand is the best at the table. Raise, implies you bet more than what has been previously bet by other players and the Check is means that you pick not to bet when your turn comes around. When you fold, you give up your hand because it is not good enough to win.
So, there you go, we hope you have learned the ropes of playing poker by now. Enjoy the game!